Babel is a new magazine all about language and linguistics
With Prof. David Crystal as Linguistic Advisor and Profs. Lesley Jeffries and Dan McIntyre as co-editors, Babel is written and compiled by world-class linguists. Nevertheless, it is aimed at a wide range of language-lovers, bringing cutting edge research in linguistics to our subscribers in an accessible and fun glossy magazine.
Stephen Fry on Babel:
"Can’t recommend Babel highly enough -
if you love language you’ll be blown away by Babel magazine:
for pros & all language enthusiasts"
Each issue comprises 52 pages of language-lovers' lore, covering a vast array of topics such as:
• The vagaries of English spelling.
• The lost language of gay men.
• How language can be used as forensic evidence.
• The scientific discourse of beauty adverts.
• A linguist's personal account of the effects of stroke on his language abilities.
Each issue of Babel also includes regular features such as:
"Call yourself a language lover and you don't read Babel?
A contradiction in terms"
- David Crystal